In this latest episode, Volta sits down with Jennifer Colombo to dive into various aspects of creativity and how to stay calm during the creative process.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Daily Habits for Creativity and Calm: Jennifer shares her daily practices, including meditation, journaling, spending time in nature, and appreciating small moments. She emphasizes the significance of accountability and doing creative activities with friends to stay motivated.
- Self-Care and Self-Love Practices: Learn about Jennifer’s self-love practices, such as group meditation and energy sessions, going on artist play dates, and visiting nature to recharge. She highlights the importance of scheduling self-care and using accountability with friends.
- Dealing with Burnout: Jennifer discusses her personal experiences with burnout and creative stagnation. Discover how she learned to prioritize self-care, set boundaries, and take time to rest preventatively rather than waiting for burnout to occur.
- Managing Stress: Explore tools for managing stress, including focusing on breath, grounding techniques, coloring as a stress-relief activity, and engaging in physical movement like dancing.
- Overcoming Fear of Wasting Art Supplies: Jennifer provides valuable advice on using basic, inexpensive materials like printer paper, pens, or crayons for stress-relief activities. She encourages experimentation and letting go of the fear of wasting art supplies.
Connect with Jennifer Faye Colombo:
Podcast Episode Transcript
Join the free & private facebook group for the Calm & Creative Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/804189398089705/